Sunday, September 7, 2008

Crazy, busy couple of weeks

I haven't had much time to get on the computer at home. Aubree is keeping me so busy these days. I sometimes wonder how it's possible to have more than one child and still have time to do everything. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom. Each and everything our girl does simply amazes me.

She took 3 steps at day care the other day. Wouldn't you know it...right after I left. At least her Aunt Cindy was able to see it as Aubree walked towards her. I miss her so much during the work day and then to know she's made progress and I wasn't there. *sigh* I still have mixed feelings about it all (being a working mom). On one hand I know the skills she is learning by being around other people and kids her own age is priceless. She really enjoys everyone there. But, on the other hand, I am selfish and wish I had her all to myself.

Thursday I was called at work because she threw up at day care, so I was more than happy to leave work early for her. Cindy said she wouldn't have called me, but Aubree wasn't acting like herself - very clingy and fussy. She perked right up by 7:30/8:00 that night. She did end up throwing up a little on Friday when we got home from day care/work, but seemed fine otherwise. Maybe part of it is a bug and/or acid reflux, but I can't help but wonder if the dr's don't know everything about teething and this could be a symptom. Today she was very whiny and kept clenching her jaw, so I am sure that her teeth are bothering her. I wish I could make this part over for her already and get those teeth to break through!

Bob and I are amazed at this little girl each and every day. Not an hour goes by that we aren't smiling or laughing at all of the wonderful new accomplishments our baby girl has made. To top it all off, I was pleasantly surprised by something Bob said yesterday. I have been mentioning that I would like to start trying for a second child near the end of next summer. Bob never says much when I bring it up and I don't push the subject. Well, we ran into a couple we haven't seen in a while yesterday and when they asked when #2 will be coming, Bob actually said, "we're going to work on that next year". I am just thrilled to know he wants to start ttc next year as well. Although the money issue scares me (day care for 2!!), I would absolutely love adding to our little family. Bree has brought us so much joy that I can only imagine how having two children will be for us.

1 comments:

S+M+4 said...

Hey =)

Anailah was sick two weeks ago, she threw up a few times in a day, I had to get her from daycare and took her to Urgent Care. They said that a stomach virus was going around and affecting the little ones. Hope she is feeling better.